Reload SSL Certificate without restarting service?

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
joseph

Reload SSL Certificate without restarting service?

Post by joseph »

Recently when updating SSL certificates I noticed that if I update the underlying certificate on the file system, WingFTP doesn't actually pick up the new cert until I restart the WingFTP server service

Is there some method I can poke an API to tell WingFTP to reload the certificate? Restarting the service is disruptive as transfers may be in progress

Normally it's not a problem because we do have a monthly maintenance window when we patch the OS, install any WingFTP Server patches, etc, but there are edge cases when the expiration/renewal cycle of our Let's Encrypt renewal automation will result in the certs expiring before the next patch window
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Reload SSL Certificate without restarting service?

Post by FTP »

OK, I think WingFTP won't cache the SSL certificate and no need to restart the WingFTP service. You just need to add a new SSL cert under "Server > Settings > SSL Certificate Manager", and select it under "Domain > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > SSL Certificate".

Another possibility is web browser caching, so you may close all the opened browser windows, and start the web browser again.