Issues installing and running both server and gateway on RHEL 9

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
uhbavdvasva

Issues installing and running both server and gateway on RHEL 9

Post by uhbavdvasva »

Hi!

I'm having issues installing and running both the server and gateway on RHEL 9.

On RHEL 9, and I assume CentOS 9, Rocky 9 etc., there is no longer a /etc/init.d directory, which causes issues with the setup.sh script:

Server:

Code: Select all

Welcome to the Wing FTP Server setup wizard!
Please setup administrator account for Wing FTP Server.
This account is very important as it will be used to administrate your server.
Enter your administrator name: admin
Enter your administrator password: admin123

Please specify a port that web based administration will be listening to.
Enter the listener port(default is 5466): 5466
./setup.sh: line 168: /etc/init.d/wftpserver: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/etc/init.d/wftpserver': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc0.d/K01wftpserver': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc1.d/K01wftpserver': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc6.d/K01wftpserver': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc2.d/S99wftpserver': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc3.d/S99wftpserver': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc4.d/S99wftpserver': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc5.d/S99wftpserver': No such file or directory

Wing FTP Server has been installed successfully!
You can manage your server at http://YourIP:5466 via web browser.
Server Usage: /etc/init.d/wftpserver [start|stop|restart]
Do you want to start Wing FTP Server now?? [y/N]: N
Gateway:

Code: Select all

Welcome to Wing Gateway setup wizard!
Please setup Gateway communication password first.
This password is very important as it will be used to connect from Wing FTP Server.
Enter your Gateway password: gateway123

Select a port for communication between Wing FTP Server and Wing Gateway.
Enter the listener port (default is 7466): 
./setup.sh: line 139: /etc/init.d/wgateway: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/etc/init.d/wgateway': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc0.d/K01wgateway': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc1.d/K01wgateway': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc6.d/K01wgateway': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc2.d/S99wgateway': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc3.d/S99wgateway': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc4.d/S99wgateway': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/rc5.d/S99wgateway': No such file or directory

Wing Gateway has been installed successfully!
Wing Gateway service usage: /etc/init.d/wgateway [start|stop|restart]
Do you want to start Wing Gateway service now?? [y/N]: N

If I create the /etc/init.d directory myself, and re-run setup.sh, I seem to at least be able to start both the gateway and server even though it's still throwing all the "failed to create symbolic link" errors. I use this as a workaround for now.

Using /etc/init.d should probably be avoided, and the service could instead be completely converted to a systemd service. I see that the setup.sh script creates a systemd service, but the service still makes use of script in /etc/init.d, which isn't ideal.

Additionally, the systemd service does not work for the gateway. "systemctl start wgateway" just hangs forever, while on the server "systemctl start wftpserver" works fine.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Issues installing and running both server and gateway on RHEL 9

Post by FTP »

OK, we will improve it in the next release, thanks for your report!
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Issues installing and running both server and gateway on RHEL 9

Post by FTP »

The new version 7.3.1 has been released, it improved the setup script for Linux version, please upgrade to this version.