I need Help !

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
GyeongrakSON

I need Help !

Post by GyeongrakSON »

installed OS : Windows 2022 SVR
installed WING FTP : 4.7.1.0

recently I migrated our server windows 2012 to 2022,
I installed WING FTP to my windows 2022 server and register its license(used at 2012)
and I delete WING FTP in the Windows 2012 SVR.

Now I have probelm with below error message.
====================================================================
some error in ...les (x86)\Wing FTP Server\lua\SessionModuleAdmin.lua:208: c:/program files (x86)/wing ftp server//session_admin/a8390e0f1c36883875e5e02005f312e1.lua: Permission denied!
====================================================================

I can make test.txt file at the c:/program files (x86)/wing ftp server//session_admin/ path or edit it.

please tell me how to fix it.

Thank you!
FTP
Site Admin

Re: I need Help !

Post by FTP »

OK, such issues are caused by the folder permissions mostly, just make sure the SYSTEM and administrator accounts have read/write permissions for that folder. And also make sure your disk space is not full.
GyeongrakSON

Post by GyeongrakSON »

I checked permission of c:/program files (x86)/wing ftp server//session_admin directory.
Then, SYSTEM and administrators can Read, write, listing at session_admin directory.
also, C drive has more than 20GB usable space..

what can I do?

do I need uninstall and reinstall it?
If I have to reinstall the Wing FTP, How I can save and backup the previous Wing FTP settings(user account, user setting and so on) ?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

OK, do you have the drive D? If you have, maybe you can re-install WingFTP in the drive D.

Before re-installing WingFTP, you maybe stop the WingFTP service, and backup the data folder "C:/Program Files (x86)/Wing FTP Server/Data/".
GyeongrakSON

Post by GyeongrakSON »

I successfully re-installed Wing FTP at my server and previous data also overwrited new version of WFTP.

Thx a lot!