How to use port 22 for ssh and sftp?

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
dlthomas

How to use port 22 for ssh and sftp?

Post by dlthomas »

Is there any way to use the "standard" port 22 for SFTP for Wing FTP users and also for ssh (command line) access for Linux users?

I took the advise provided by email support to change the SFTP port to 2222, but this is causing some consternation from my external users.

I recall reading something about making changes to the ssh config file for chroot jailing sftp with vsftpd, but I don't know how or if that would apply to the Wing FTP Server set up.

I appreciate any advise.

Thanks,
Doug
FTP
Site Admin

Re: How to use port 22 for ssh and sftp?

Post by FTP »

Yes, you should use another port, or if you have multiple IP addresses, you can have the same port.
dlthomas

Post by dlthomas »

Okay, I can add another IP address a number of ways. But, I don't understand how I could specify different ports to different apps. For example,

192.168.1.1:22 -> wftpserver (for Wing users SFTP connections)
192.168.1.2:22 -> sshd (for Linux users ssh connections)

Where would I configure pointing one address to one set of ports and the other to a different set of ports?

Any pointers would be appreciated. I'm just really surprised that I appear to be the first person to be confronted with this situation.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

You can change the listener IP address for sshd like this:

Code: Select all

vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config
ListenAddress 192.168.1.2
And you can change the listener IP address for Wing FTP Server at "Domain -> Settings -> Listeners".