URL link for download

Post here if you have some suggestions or you want to request a new feature.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: URL link for download

Post by FTP »

There is no switch at user level, but you can modify the html file "webclient/weblink.html" and "webclient/weblink_update.html",

replace this line:

Code: Select all

if filename ~= nil then
into:

Code: Select all

if filename ~= nil and (_SESSION["username"] == "aaa" or _SESSION["username"] == "bbb") then
zanedabrain

Post by zanedabrain »

FTP wrote:
zanedabrain wrote:Any news on this? I am looking for a product to allow my users to share files with people outside the company with un-authenticated access. I was really excited when I seen the 'download url' button, but it was immediately followed by disappointment when I closed my browser and sent the url to my boss which didn't work.
Next version will support direct download link.
Just downloaded the new version and made a purchase. Thank you for listening to your customers!
storm

Post by storm »

botsuka wrote:Anyway to put some security on this feature. Like only allow certain users to be able to do this. Also the ablility to enforce expiration setting instead of being optional?
This would be great to have added. Additionally I found that in Firefox 4 it is not possible to select the generated download link to copy it to the clipboard. Works fine in IE.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

storm wrote:
botsuka wrote:Anyway to put some security on this feature. Like only allow certain users to be able to do this. Also the ablility to enforce expiration setting instead of being optional?
This would be great to have added. Additionally I found that in Firefox 4 it is not possible to select the generated download link to copy it to the clipboard. Works fine in IE.
Yes, you are right. We also found this issue, now it has been fixed. And new version will be released in next week.