Web Client Modification

Post here if you have some suggestions or you want to request a new feature.
Rytt

Web Client Modification

Post by Rytt »

Hi,

I just downloaded the server and it's working great! I'm about to purchase it but I do have 1 question.

I am doing this to assist with residential users and older people for backups. Is it possible to edit the web client so that there are fewer icons? With the way things are now, they are too small, and too many icons.

Thanks!

Rytt
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Web Client Modification

Post by FTP »

Hi,

Yes, maybe you can edit "webclient/main.html" to make few icons, from line 1883.

BTW, new version has some changes on its interface:
Rytt

Post by Rytt »

Wow you reply really fast. Thanks for the support. :)

I logged into the web interface and saw all the features, but it's too complicated for most people still so that is why I want to get rid of some icons and enlarge them. I'll try playing around with that file you mentioned!

If you have more tips, let me know. :)

Thank you!!
Rytt

Post by Rytt »

I think I deleted all the extra icons I do not need. How would I go about adjusting the size of them? Which line is it in the html?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

If you have some html basis, I think it is very easy to modify the html file, even you can just replace the icon images, it is under "webclient/images", such as "goto.gif", "home.gif"...
Rytt

Post by Rytt »

Yep! I did that yesterday! Unfortunately, I am not able to find how to arrange where the icons go. They look horrible right now. Here is an attach pic:

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2774/iconsq.gif

As you can see, they are not aligned. In the end, I would like them to line up from right to left and maybe even add a word on top of each like "Navigation Buttons" and "File Buttons" or something.

Do you know where I might be able to adjust the icons so that they are aligned?

Thanks!
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

I saw your screenshot, your icon is so large, so it is wrapped.

Maybe you can edit line 1882: <td width="390">, try to change 390 to a larger value.

And you had better purchase it first, then you will be granted to modify the html files.
Rytt

Post by Rytt »

I'm still trying to make sure everything is perfect before purchasing it within a couple of days.

Here is another question, I found out that Main.html does have the Unregistered wording in it. I'm currently editing the main.html with Crimson Editor. When I purchase it, will it override my entire main.html file??
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Hi,

When you purchase it, the Unregistered wording will disappear.