where to set my share out directory?

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
cola

where to set my share out directory?

Post by cola »

Dear Sir,

My boss ask me to evaluate your product, but after installation, I cannot find out where to set up initial share out directory to users .... Would you please help me? By the way, we wanted to look for a FTP server that can support Chinese file name directly, hope you can do so. Many thanks, Cola
FTP
Site Admin

Re: where to set my share out directory?

Post by FTP »

Click "directory" tab in Create User dialog, then add a home or virtual directory for this account.

You can also check out this guide: http://www.wftpserver.com/help/ftpserver/aoe.htm
cola

Post by cola »

Many thanks, I got it .... But unfortunely, I found that it cannot support Chinese file name and all the file will turn into random code .... Do you think I can fix it?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Wing FTP Server supports UTF-8 encoding, so it has no problem to view Chinese characters in the Web Admin or Web Client.

I guess you used a FTP client to list files, right? If it is so, maybe some FTP clients don't support UTF-8, but most of all popular FTP clients support it (UTF-8), like our FTPRush, Filezilla...
cola

Post by cola »

Sorry, could you tell me how to enable (UTF-8 encoding) it? Because we are looking for a FTP server that can enable user to directly type in a link via their IE then download it? I use a vista Business TC OS & IE8...

Thanks,
Cola
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

IE8 has no problem, it supports UTF-8
cola

Post by cola »

sorry, it is IE7 or firefox 3.6 ... Can I fix it??? Many thanks.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

IE7, Firefox can handle UTF-8 correctly. Did you use web browser for ftp client? why not use web client or ftp client software?
cola

Post by cola »

is it related to our server side setting? Because we are a company who are looking for a FTP server to let employee to download some rules and suggestion in their home, we cannot restrict their browser type and cannot request them to use extra ftp client which they are so stupid to good at... By the way, both IE7 & IE8 cannot be seen successfully ... What is the problem. My boss said if we cannot fix the problem switch to test another product instead.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

No, ftp server is fine of course, and I suggest you use Web Client to upload/download files, it is based on web browser and provides you a useful features.