Creating a user in MySQL

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
RiderXXX

Creating a user in MySQL

Post by RiderXXX »

Hi,

I got Wing FTP server running with a remote MySQL server and I want to create a simple back end for creating/editing/removing users and directories. I got that simply done by editing the raw MySQL database, but when a new user is added, i only got problems with quota (it shows as 0kb in the beginning). So i have to login to the web interface and let the server refresh and get the new details or whatsoever.

But what is the easiest way to achieve this? I tried running the RESTful script in the manual, but i'm getting an back an error, or nothing at all. I guess i still need Lua, but I really don't know how I have to cook that.

So what is the easiest way? I think many people will love to have a configuration refresher every xx seconds or minutes so it gets the new MySQL database setup. This is driving me nuts for days now :P
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Creating a user in MySQL

Post by FTP »

Yes, you can add user account via SQL operation, but change user data must be handled via Lua script, here is an example in our forum: http://www.wftpserver.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1231" rel="nofollow