Download speed problem in FTP Rush

Please post here if you have problems in using FTP Rush.
Benfm

Download speed problem in FTP Rush

Post by Benfm »

hi there,

I've just downloaded FTP Rush on the recommendation of a friend. I've previously been using FDM (Free Download Manager) for downloading from an FTP site.

Using FDM i'm getting approx. 800+ KB/s download speed.
Using FTP Rush I'm getting 40 KB/s download speed.

I don't understand what's going on - that obviously makes no sense.

I've ensured Options>Transfer>Speed Limit are all unchecked.
I've even checked them and put large numbers in the boxes to see if it fixed the problem. Nope.
I'm using Windows 8 Consumer Preview - not sure if that will impact or not.

any ideas?

thanks,

edit: on ADSL, FTP Rush version is the latest - only downloaded a couple of days ago.
Not sure what the FTP server is as its not mine, although my friend uses FTP Rush on there no problem.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Download speed problem in FTP Rush

Post by FTP »

Maybe FDM uses some P2P tech, but FTP Rush does not, you can test the download speed with some web browser.
popppyq

Post by popppyq »

It's not because of any tech that FDM may use. It's a bug with Windows 8 and FTPRush somehow. I've tried FTP Rush on both Win 8 Consumer Preview and now again on Win 8 Release Preview and my downloads get capped at 40 - 50KB/sec per stream.

Basically, I'm saying I can confirm that Windows 8 for me has the same issue with FTP Rush as Benfm. Site admin (FTP), you may want to try installing the Release Preview on a system and installing and running FTP Rush to test compatibility. I'm using version 2.1.8 UNICODE.

With FlashFXP to the same site and same exact file, I am getting 1.6MB/sec in Win8. I really don't want to go back to using FlashFXP, but right now in Win8, FTP Rush is unusable for me.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

No, I have tested FTP Rush with Windows 8, for the local network, the download speed is 1.2MB/s, and for the internet FTP site, the download speed is 500KB/s.
popppyq

Post by popppyq »

The internet site I used employs AUTH TLS security. Perhaps it's something to do with that? Can you test again using a site that is encrypted? It would help if the original poster could reply as well with any specifics. It was also not on port 21, if that matters, but there is definitely a problem and switching to another FTP client fixes it, for both of us that have posted so far.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Still can get 300KB/s, You can test it with our demo server: http://www.wftpserver.com/onlinedemo.htm" rel="nofollow
popppyq

Post by popppyq »

I still have to say this is some sort of issue with FTP Rush, Windows 8, and possibly specifically with the ftp server itself running drftpd. I'm now running Windows 8 RTM, and if I eliminate FTP Rush from the equation and use Windows 8, the same drftpd server and file, and a different FTP client I can get speeds over 1MB/sec, but as soon as I try the very same file with FTP Rush I only get ~48KB/sec.

FTP Rush may work fine on Windows 8 with different ftp servers with AUTH TLS, but it does not seem to be playing nice with drftpd on Windows 8 (it worked fine with Windows 7).
Sephiroth945

Post by Sephiroth945 »

I have the same problem. I use windows 8, G6 FTP Server, and when I using FTPRush, it's about 400k to 500k, and FileZilla will reach 1M to 1.1M. Windows 7 work fine.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Maybe you can adjust "TCP/IP Buffer Size".
Sephiroth945

Post by Sephiroth945 »

It works! I change "TCP/IP Buffer Size" to 24 kByte(receive), and download speed reach 1M.