Feature wishlist

Post here if you have some suggestions or you want to request a new feature.
storm

Feature wishlist

Post by storm »

I've started to build my FTP server using Wing FTP and have come across a few things that I'd like changed/added to make working with it even easier.

User/Group administration:

Default sort order for folders when picking a folder should be alphabetical. Right now it seems random so if there are many folders one has to always first manually sort them in order to find what one is looking for.

It would be good to be able to select and add multiple groups to a user account at once.

When setting access rules on subfolders the default permissions should be copied from the parent folder rather than always be 'read' & 'list'

Web client:

Also in the web client - folder list default sort order should be alphabetical. Seems random right now when opening a folder containing several subfolders

Weblinks: enable user to enter their own email address as the sender address

I think those points would all be quite trivial to implement so would be nice to see them in the next update!
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Feature wishlist

Post by FTP »

1. You can click on the button "Up" or "Down" to sort the folders.

2. Listing in the Web Client is sorted by the file type by the default.
storm

Post by storm »

Thanks.

1. I'm referring to the situation when adding a folder to an account or group (the Choose Directory dialog). The list of folders presented at that time should be in alphabetical order by default to make it easier to find the one being looked for. I have to click on the 'Name' column header to sort them alphabetically and I see nothing useful in the current default sort order whatever it is. So changing this to alphabetical would be nice.

2. Ok tracking. Unfortunately that makes folder sort order random and if there are many makes it hard to find things. Any way to change that default or make it configurable?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Did you use the latest version? It seems everything is OK with the latest version.