[SFV] - Parent Folder Header

Post here if you have some suggestions or you want to request a new feature for FTP Rush.
DanesDK

[SFV] - Parent Folder Header

Post by DanesDK »

I would love to have FTPRush to make a "Parent Folder Header" when checking the files while downloading/checking files using a .sfv file..

Like when FTPRush is checking the .sfv file now, it show a Folder Header, telling how many files are complete.. And its deleted (if options is checked) when complete it 100% complete..

But what if the download it not complete. If a file is missing or bad. How would you se that, without going thru all the downloads by looking thru all the folders downloaded..?

Thats where the Parent Folder Header comes in...

Every other .sfv checker makes a Parent Folder Header, showing the progres of the download.. And thats getting deleted when download is complete.

I really hope that you get my point..

Thanks
Marsup

Re: [SFV] - Parent Folder Header

Post by Marsup »

How would you se that, without going thru all the downloads by looking thru all the folders downloaded..?
By searching for *incomplete* in explorer ?
DanesDK

Post by DanesDK »

Marsup wrote:
How would you se that, without going thru all the downloads by looking thru all the folders downloaded..?
By searching for *incomplete* in explorer ?
I know how to do it.. But this makes it ALOT easier to see what folder there is not complete..
Marsup

Post by Marsup »

Since the SFV checker works rather badly, I often find myself doing it, and it's efficient enough for my tastes. It produces a listing of only incomplete dirs, that's all I ask.

Anyway it's always better to have choice, so if enough people vote for this one, let's do it ! Though I think it'd be better if ftprush could filter incomplete directories similarly to the compare feature, what do you think ?

PS: I'm not in favor of adding features to a software until it's too bloated to use. (in fact for this specific software I'd rather have bugs fixed than features added :p)
DanesDK

Post by DanesDK »

I agre with you.. But it was only a suggestion for a future release.. Not something that i need asap..

Like you say, its better to get some of the things that dont work, fixed first..

And yes, we dont need another bloatware.. ;-)