Wing FTP Web Client customization

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
skrystopowicz

Wing FTP Web Client customization

Post by skrystopowicz »

Is there a way to remove the check boxes and Multi File functions from the Web Client? I am looking to keep the interface as simple as possible to prevent users from calling for support. I have already found that the check boxes are confusing my users. If I could remove this functionality it will make life easier for me and the end users. There are a couple of other functions I would like to eliminate such as the Search function but those are not as troublesome as the check boxes and Multi File functions.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Wing FTP Web Client customization

Post by FTP »

You can modify the html file "webclient/main.html" by yourself.
markfutch

Post by markfutch »

can you help with what file I need to edit to remove the multi-files text and buttons. I can see the code if I view source but it's not in the main.htm file, I presume it's called from somewhere? I need to sort this before my Boss will pay for a license!
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Please purchase it first, then we will help you modify the html file.
markfutch

Post by markfutch »

We currently use IIs for an ftp server and its hassle. I'm trying to get my company to use this software because I thinks its great. However the first time I get my boss to try using it he's clicking in boxes and complaining that it's not intuative for our clients, I want to remove the multi-files options and the checkboxes and he'll go for it. I have about 20 days of my trial to go, so surely it would be benificial to at least give me a few pointers to do this?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

You can download the old version of Wing FTP Server.
markfutch

Post by markfutch »

ok. I'd prefer to be working with the latest version (bugs fixed etc) but if that's the only way, can you give me a link for that?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Yes, please use the latest version.
markfutch

Post by markfutch »

Now you are telling me to download the latest version! I am USING the latest version, I just need to make these tweaks to get approval so that I can place an order. Can you just let me know what file the main.html calls in order to display the checkboxes and the multi-files operations buttons?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

I will send a customized copy to your email box.