SSH Connection to Netgear Stora fails

Here you can submit your bug reports for FTP Rush.
BrollyLSSJ

SSH Connection to Netgear Stora fails

Post by BrollyLSSJ »

I got 2 Stora in my company and am not able to login via special root account. To login to get root access (or more access) you need to use account_hipserv2_netgear_PRODUCT-ID. For example I used user_hipserv2_netgear_XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and the apropriate password to login, but it failed. Using WinSCP (4.3.4 portable) it works. Could you take a look into it? I made sure that WinSCP did not fall back to the SCP protocol (removed the check before connecting to the stora).

FTPRush v2.1.5 portable was used on Windows 7 x64 Bit.

Edith: OK, seems to be working with the installed version of FTP Rush. I got access now (or I did something wrong with the username).

But WinSCP does popup some kind of a welcome screen (authentication banner). Would be nice if you could implement that as well. It shows "Stora version 10.0.x" in a new windows.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: SSH Connection to Netgear Stora fails

Post by FTP »

OK, what do you mean for "welcome screen"?
BrollyLSSJ

Post by BrollyLSSJ »

Sorry for the late answer. The Banner looks like on the screen.

Another question. I tried to connect to a VMWare ESXi Host via SSH. Using putty it works without problems. Using WinSCP it works with SCP only, not with SSH. With FTP Rush (latest version) it does not work either. Is there a way you can implement SCP as an extra option for ESXi Servers?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

BrollyLSSJ wrote:Sorry for the late answer. The Banner looks like on the screen.

Another question. I tried to connect to a VMWare ESXi Host via SSH. Using putty it works without problems. Using WinSCP it works with SCP only, not with SSH. With FTP Rush (latest version) it does not work either. Is there a way you can implement SCP as an extra option for ESXi Servers?
Please tick the option " Never show this banner again"
BrollyLSSJ

Post by BrollyLSSJ »

Hello FTP,

ticking that would show the banner in FTP Rush? I wanted to see the banner (as an extra option, not enabled by default) to see where I connect to (if by some reason I connect to the stora and doing other stuff while connecting and forgetting where I connected to).

Also do you have any idea why I cannot connect to a VMWare ESXi Server via SSH FTP? The connection works with putty (SSH) and WinSCP (SCP).