WingFTP Client

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
i09172

WingFTP Client

Post by i09172 »

How do I turn on the WingFTP client for my FTP site visitors? (I'm using the latest demo version as a trial).
FTP
Site Admin

Re: WingFTP Client

Post by FTP »

Hi,

When you installed WingFTP, and created a domain by default settings, the web client will be enabled via port 80, you can visit it through http://YourIP
i09172

Post by i09172 »

Unfortunately, my install shows port 80 as "not listening". How can I fix that?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Port 80 is not listening? So there are two possibilities:

1. The port is used by other application, like Apache, IIS...

2. You created more than one domain, and those domains used the same port.
i09172

Post by i09172 »

Nevermind. Figured it out. Sorry to have bothered you.
maheshh

Post by maheshh »

Whether WingFTP server needs to be installed on the user machine/system to access the WingFTP client. Please guide me.

Also, can you please guide me in transferring the files from one machine to another machine. Please help in above issues, I have installed the WING FTP server on my system for the first time and do not know how to transfer the files from one system to another system using Wing FTP.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Yes, of course yes. Wing FTP Server is a all-in-one file server software, so you need to install it on your PC.
About how to transfer files? please have a look on this [Quick Start Guide].

And your can use FTP(SFTP) client to connect your server too.
maheshh

Post by maheshh »

In my company(AOL), we follow STAR (Secure Transfer and Retrieval) similar to Wingftp which is used to transfer files. We have around 100 of clients(users), and the users have installed the STAR client software. We have a centralized "STAR server" which acts as the transfer agent located at AOL which pulls the files from Source(user) and transfer its to destination Client(user), and all the users(clients) transfer files internally or externally to other users(clients).

STAR server has routing rules -
Routing rule contains:-
1) Source Client - from where to pull the files
2) Source Dir - from which directory to pull the files
3) file Pattern - which files to pull
4) Destination Client - where to put the files
5) Destination Dir - which directory to put the files.
6) Frequency of Pull - Daily/hourly/weekly/monthly.

My question - whether is there a way so that AOL will have the control of the server installed, and the clients can transfer the files to each other only through AOL

Like -- User1(Source Client) ---> tranfer files and it will come to --> AOL ---> will transfer files --> User2(Destination User) will receive the files.

We are planning to go for our STAR alternative, and WingFTP looks good to us. So if we want to go for WingFTP means do we need to all our 100 users to install the WingFTP server on their side and for each installation we need to pay for it.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

First of all, Wing FTP Server is just a server software, it can be installed on the central server. It can provide file sharing service for web client, ftp client and sftp client.

Maybe it is little different with your STAR software, because STAR can play server and client side, but Wing FTP Server only includes server side, you must use ftp client or web browser as client side.
maheshh

Post by maheshh »

I have uploaded the file on the WingFtp Web-based Client, can you please guide me in transferring the files to different IP(or different machine/system)...