Question from a rookie about "Remote Access"

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
HIR3DPILOT

Question from a rookie about "Remote Access"

Post by HIR3DPILOT »

Hello All,

I just downloaded the Free 30 day trial a couple days ago and am just going through the setup to learn everything, and then I plan on purchasing it for my server!

Here is what I need some help with;

I have 4 PC's on the same Network (with Static IP's and are all on the same Domain with my Server / Work related)
- I setup FTP Server on 1 of my PC's that is connected to my server, and so then I created a Domain with FTP Server, then created some Users, and so on, and so on.

Now that I have the domain setup and the domain pointing to the folders on the server that I would like, I am able to log in as the user by going to 127.0.0.1. and logging in this way.

My question is how do I log in "remotely" for the user account?
I also dont know how to log in as the Admin "remotely"...?

I have read the quick / start guide and didn't understand all of it, so I thought I would try here!

Thanks so much!
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Question from a rookie about "Remote Access"

Post by FTP »

Remote access is the same with Local access, the difference is you must put your server on the internet, so you can visit your server remotely as "http://YourIP:5466" or "http://YourIP".
HIR3DPILOT

Post by HIR3DPILOT »

Awesome! Thanks for helping me with that!

So here is one more question I have, Since I am on a network / domain at my home office and everything is firewalled, I am guessing I have to open a port on my firewall? I read that it is port 21 I believe, just wanna make sure I dont screw anything up...

Thanks SO much! this is an awesome service! looking forward to having the full version!

Thanks,
HIR3D
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Port 21 is for FTP, if you want to open HTTP ports for Web Client/Web Admin, you need to forward ports 80 and 5466(by default).