SFTP password protected keyfile impossible to add

Please post here if you have problems in using FTP Rush.
iP3aK

SFTP password protected keyfile impossible to add

Post by iP3aK »

Hi!

Trying to connect to a Serv-U v10.3 SFTP server. But I´m experiencing problems with adding the keyfile in Rush FTP latest version.

If the keyfile in Serv-U is created without a keyfile-password I can add it in Rush FTP without problems and I can connect to the SFTP server.

It gives me this everytime I login:
------------------------------------
[1] Connecting to 192.168.1.4:22
[1] Establishing SFTP connection
[1] Authentication type [2] failed
[1] 2.0
[1] Encryption algorithm: aes256-cbc
[1] SFTP [v6] connection established
------------------------------------

Question: What does the "[1] Authentication type [2] failed" mean?

If the keyfile however is created with a keyfile-password I can´t add it into Rush FTP at all.
When trying to add file I get an error message saying: "C:\TestKey\testfile.key could not be loaded or does not contain a private key"

I am assuming the message means the password for opening the keyfile is incorrect, since it works perfectly well if I make no other changes to keyfile creation but leave the password blank.

We have tried several times to create new keyfiles and changed passwords around. We are treating the password as case sensitive, use english alphabetic letters, use no space or other uncommon characters. Even made it so simple as to try with "test12345" (without "") as password with same failure.

Both machines are running Windows 7 x64 English and both use Swedish Keyboard setup.
I was thinking that we were just typing really bad and thus wrote the password down in a txt file and copy/pasted it into both server program and FTP Rush... same thing.

Are there any conflicts with FTP Rush and Serv-U how they compare/store/read passwords of the keyfile?

Help I´m lost...
Any other tips/tricks/ideas?
iP3aK

Re: SFTP password protected keyfile impossible to add

Post by iP3aK »

Bump...

No support on this?
No one else is experiencing this problem?
No ideas or tips of what to try?
FTP
Site Admin

Re: SFTP password protected keyfile impossible to add

Post by FTP »

Please use Putty (PUTTYGEN.EXE) for generating the ssh key pair, it will be no problem.