Stop and resume if no data recieved dont work

Please post here if you have problems in using FTP Rush.
cummie

Stop and resume if no data recieved dont work

Post by cummie »

Dear Support,

I have the same issue like the creator of the threadhttp://www.wftpserver.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1056
I am using FTP Rush Client 2.1.8 (Unicode) on a Windows 7 64bit with latest hotfix and drivers.
The client sits behind a NAT router and uses UPNP, I tried it with portforwarding rules with same results.

After few hours the client stop with transfering and dont reconnect or resume.

It dont do anything to fullfil his job.

This fault appears if the queue is very large and files which are about 100 - 200 MB big.

I believe that the function "Stop and resume if no data recieved" dont work!
I started a queue with 5 parallel downloads, after one hour one of this downloads stucks in the middle at 45% and stay there, after the next hour one of the other four download stuck some where at 55% and stay there ...

The client dont try to resume the stucking downloads after the administrated 120 seconds.
If I stop and start the queue, the downloads will be continued.
What do you need to analyse this ?

An other bug:
If I start FTP rush on a dual monitor System under windows 7 64 bit and I move it to the second screen the icons from the bottons become plain purple.
Opening an DirectX or OpenGL application on the first screen will rise up the chance that the fault appears faster.

Meanwhile I reduced the case to following:

The fault appears in single connection mode too.
And it appears if I download a lot of small files too, it need longer but it appears.

I think we have two problems here:

1. The client stops receiving data randomly without any reason in log file.
2. The Code which should recognize this "no data recieving" dont work, because the download stay at the same percentage. And the activated feature "Stop and resume if no data recieved" dont do anything in this case.

Br,

cummie
panoptes

Re: Stop and resume if no data recieved dont work

Post by panoptes »

I've got the same problem.

System details: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, latest version of Rush, home network on a Linksys router from 6 MBits cable service. Remote server running TrueFTP.

I hope support can help with this. It's a major problem, as I can't do anything once the download halts - have to shut down Rush, restart the program, then start the download again.

TIA,

Panoptes
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Please use "Single connection mode".
panoptes

Post by panoptes »

I've changed to 'single connection' - but the problem still remains; it's just hung again. (As a control I'm running another download on a different FTP program, and that's still downloading.)

Another question. Does Rush use multi-threading? I ask because although it's mentioned in the 'help' file, the menu entry that's refered to doesn't appear in the program setup. The reason I abandoned my previous FTP program was because it didn't do multithreading - I had to resort to simultaneous downloads in lieu. If Rush does genuine multi-threading then I don't need more than one file downloading at a time.

Thanks for the quick response, and to all at Wing FTP for making Rush such a great (and free!) program.

Cheers,

Panoptes