Active Sessions with Multiple Domains/IPs

Here you can submit your bug reports.
kuhlenkamp

Active Sessions with Multiple Domains/IPs

Post by kuhlenkamp »

Windows Server 2003 32bit

I have multiple domains setup, each with a different IP address. When an FTP client request an 'active' connection the Wing FTP server always responds from the servers main IP address (not the IP that has been assigned to the domain), and thus client sees data coming from a different IP address than requested and blocks the traffic.

Do you have a solution for this issue?
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Active Sessions with Multiple Domains/IPs

Post by FTP »

Domain like virtual server, if you want to setup multiple domains, you must specify a different listener port for each domain (or you have multiple NIC cards, then you can assign with different IP and same port). For example, server A owns port 21, then server B owns port 2121.

BTW, maybe you posted in a wrong place, if my answer is right, I will move your post into forum "Support".
sr-techz

Post by sr-techz »

I too ran into this issue. I have 2 ip addresses assigned to the server with 2 ftp domains:

ftpdomain1 - listening on 10.1.1.4 port 21
ftpdomain2 - listening on 10.1.1.5 port 21

I can connect and transfer data to both domains in Passive mode with no problems. In Active mode the domain listening on 10.1.1.5 will respond through the data channel (port 20) from ip 10.1.1.4 (instead of 10.1.1.5) which causes ls/get/put/etc to hang.

Are you saying that this will only work if I have each ip assigned to a different nic card or I have to have ftpdomain2 listen on 10.1.1.4 port [any port not used by ftpdomain1]?

Thanks
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

The new version 3.8.0 already fixed this issue, have you upgraded to it?
sr-techz

Post by sr-techz »

I just did and everything works great...

Thanks!