Multiple Upload Error

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
rosteble

Multiple Upload Error

Post by rosteble »

since we get our server running by july 2010, we always had the limitation that file-upload with multiple files failed! i hoped that further upgarde of the wing-ftp server would fix this issue. but it didn't. we now run the latest version 3.7.2. on a mac osx server 10.6.5 system and the problem still occurs. i should mention that we only use SSH connections.

whenever you want to upload multiple files and press the upload button, the following error appears:

"Exception occurs when uploading file. Please make sure you have upload permissions and the file is not restricted."

Tested on client system running Mac OSX 10.6.5 and Safari 5.0.3
Upload permissions are ok, also the file is not restricted. Uploading in "Single-Mode" works fine. But it is annoying, since for every new client-customer, the "multiple upload" appears first. So the Clients complain that uploading doesn't work..... and some of them don't understand how to witch to single mode....

i hope this problem can be fixed!
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Upload Error

Post by FTP »

First, I guess you mentioned thing is not SSH connection, it is HTTPS, right?

Then, you had better read this KB article: http://www.wftpserver.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=142, maybe it can help you solve your problem.

You can also have a test on our demo server(our server installed signed certificate): https://demo.wftpserver.com (USER: demo-user, PASS: demo-user), you can upload something into directory "upload_demo"

If you won't add a signed certificate like our demo server, you can launch the Simple Upload first by editing the html file "Webclient/main.html", add the following javascript code into line 2436(assume you are running v3.7.2): setCookie("singleuploadmode", "1");

Good luck!
rosteble

Re: Multiple Upload Error

Post by rosteble »

Thanks a lot for your fast reply! We will check on the purchase of a signed certificate. In the meantime i disable the single mode with the javascript edit you mentioned.