Active Directory

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
amg3570

Active Directory

Post by amg3570 »

Clean install of Debian x32 and Wing FTP Corporate. I am attempting to get Wing FTP to authenticate against AD with no luck. I have the Debian machine joined to the AD domain and am able to login via the command line using my AD credentials, but I am not able to login using AD credentials to the Wing FTP client. I have created the domain and added the settings to authenticate against AD, but when logging in, no matter what I use for credentials, "Login failed: username and password do not match". Is there something I'm missing? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Active Directory

Post by FTP »

Hi,

Please note its "Windows Authentication", so it can work in Windows only, maybe we will consider "OpenLDAP" feature with Linux version later.
amg3570

Post by amg3570 »

Thank you for the information, you should really make that clear on the site. I assumed you meant Windows Active Directory/NTLM Authentication, non-specific to the Operating System. There was nothing stating that this was only available if installed on a windows machine, and the feature is still available and able to be enabled on the Linux install. Makes it very confusing, and I now have to figure out if the $799 piece of software we just bought is really what we want.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

I am sorry for that, we will change the interface in the next release, and I can promise "OpenLDAP" feature will be added in the future version. Thanks!
jbwjbw

Post by jbwjbw »

FTP wrote:I am sorry for that, we will change the interface in the next release, and I can promise "OpenLDAP" feature will be added in the future version. Thanks!
Just checking for my own info, is there an ETA for which version may support OpenLDAP and when it possibly might be targeted for release?

Thanks!

- Justin
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

jbwjbw wrote:
FTP wrote:I am sorry for that, we will change the interface in the next release, and I can promise "OpenLDAP" feature will be added in the future version. Thanks!
Just checking for my own info, is there an ETA for which version may support OpenLDAP and when it possibly might be targeted for release?

Thanks!

- Justin

Yes, we are developing it, maybe next version will add this feature, just wait a few weeks.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

The new version 3.7.2 released! Added LDAP Authentication feature. We have tested it successfully with OpenLDAP and MS Active Directory.