In my company(AOL), we follow STAR (Secure Transfer and Retrieval) similar to Wingftp which is used to transfer files. We have around 100 of clients(users), and the users have installed the STAR client software. We have a centralized "STAR server" which acts as the transfer agent located at AOL which pulls the files from Source(user) and transfer its to destination Client(user), and all the users(clients) transfer files internally or externally to other users(clients).
STAR server has routing rules -
Routing rule contains:-
1) Source Client - from where to pull the files
2) Source Dir - from which directory to pull the files
3) file Pattern - which files to pull
4) Destination Client - where to put the files
5) Destination Dir - which directory to put the files.
6) Frequency of Pull - Daily/hourly/weekly/monthly.
My question - whether is there a way so that AOL will have the control of the server installed, and the clients can transfer the files to each other only through AOL
Like -- User1(Source Client) ---> tranfer files and it will come to --> AOL ---> will transfer files --> User2(Destination User) will receive the files.
We are planning to go for our STAR alternative, and WingFTP looks good to us. So if we want to go for WingFTP means do we need to all our 100 users to install the WingFTP server on their side and for each installation we need to pay for it.