Getting the directory of Wing FTP user through Command Line

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
mellul

Getting the directory of Wing FTP user through Command Line

Post by mellul »

Hi,

I have been able to get string from the output of c_GetUser through an asp file. I have also divided that string into an array so that I would be able to retrieve only parts of the string such as username and max quota to print them to a web page.

I seem to be having dificulty with the directory. What c_GetUser gives is 'directories' => table. I need to pull out the actual directory of the ftp client so I would know where the clients files are stored on the server. Is there a way to do this? Is there another function other than c_GetUser that I can use, that may not be listed on the online help? Or is there another way around this?

Thanks again for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Getting the directory of Wing FTP user through Command Line

Post by FTP »

You may find the reference in the help document.

[32]table user's directory list (directory table is formated as
{m_strDir,m_strAlias,m_bIsHomeDir,m_bFileRead,m_bFileWrite,m_bFileAppend,m_bFileDelete,
m_bDirectoryList,m_bDirectoryMake,m_bDirectoryDelete,m_bDirFileRename}).
mellul

Post by mellul »

Thanks for your reply.

My question was how can I extract that table from it. Is there a way that I can store the output of that command as an array inside LUA itself and just var_dump the contents of that table? I cannot do this outside Lua as the ans given is a string.

I have tried storing the answer inside a variable but it does not seem to work:

a = var_dump(c_GetUser('test','test'))

I have also tried:

a = {c_GetUser('test','mellul')}
var_dump(a)

but it does not seem to work.

If you can explain what I should do inside LUA I think it would be of great help.

Thanks again for your help.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Type the following code:
var_dump(json.encode(c_GetUser("domain","username")))

I think this may help you, and I sugguest you should learn the lua language a bit further.
mellul

Post by mellul »

Thankyou for all your help.

I would like you to note that I had to learn the LUA language in less than a couple of days, together with ASP as I have never worked with these before. I had a 2 week deadline to write some scripts. I will be learning the language further in the next few weeks as this is the first time I have even heard about the language.

So I would really like to thank you for your help. I do appreciate it :)
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

That seems it is so hard for you, can you tell me more detail information about this job? And has your company purchased our product?
mellul

Post by mellul »

Basically at the moment we are using another FTP server. This FTP server is linked to another server so addition/removal/queries and changes can be made through our intranet. The time has come to replace this FTP server and I have been testing your product to make sure we can replace our FTP server without changing the internal website and other server settings.

To test this I had to build everything from scratch on our new server which will be used for FTP and websites. We have not bought your product yet but I am waiting for the go ahead to buy it. It has gotten a big thumbs up from me and my work mates as we see alot of potential in your product. Through your help, I have been able to rewrite all the scripts and I have also been thinking about other things which will make the lives of the help desk and technicians (including my own) alot easier.

These past few days I have had to prove that your product is a good one for our company. During the next few weeks we should be purchasing your product :)

I thank you again for all your help.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Thanks for choosing our software, I hope you can resolve all the problem for migration and have a more powerful ftp server!