Active Directory Authentication Setup

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
Jaguar57

Active Directory Authentication Setup

Post by Jaguar57 »

Downloaded the demo of Wing FTP Server.

Installed on my computer... Made my test domain. Went to "settings" of my domain and clicked on "Authentication Setttings". Clicked on the "Windows Authnetication" tab. Checked the box to "Enable Windows Authentication" filled in the domain name, set the global home folder, checked the box to create a folder using the login name for each user, and set the permissions.

Now when I add a new user Im a little confused where to tell it in the process I want it to authenticate against active directory. I added my "test" user account but I unchecked the "enable password" thinking I didnt want the one generated for me if it was going to pass the creditials back to active directory.

When I sign in with an FTP client with that user ID, it will recognize the user id, I use the password that is set for that account in active directory however it tells me I cannot login.

I am sure there is something I am missing in the setup process. Anyone have a walk through with setting up user accounts in Wing FTP that should authenticate through active directory?

Thanks.
Jaguar57

Re: Active Directory Authentication Setup

Post by Jaguar57 »

Looks like I figured it out. I have been testing so many different FTP servers on my computer... Looks like I had an old one that was using port 21 on my computer. I stopped that process and restarted Wing FTP and looks like everything is working ok.

Thanks.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Active Directory Authentication Setup

Post by FTP »

Great! You solve the problem by yourself, enjoy it!