Group Mapping and weblink

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
NeedHelp

Group Mapping and weblink

Post by NeedHelp »

Hey,

Connection to LDAP Server works already. Groupmapping doesn't work for me.
My aim is to limit access for domain users, because i just want specific users to be able to login on WingFTP-Server, but at the moment all domain users got access.

Testuser1 is member of AD group "TestgroupFTP". I disabled the LDAPUser1 Account, but Testuser1 who is member of AD group "TestgroupFTP" is still able to login on WingFTP and also the directory i entered for the local user is not the directory i have on Testuser1, so i guess there is a problem with synchronisation of permissions from my AD Group(TestgroupFTP) and the Local User(LDAPUser1).
I also tried mapping AD User to Local User but there i had the same problem.

Here is what i tried already at Group Mapping(Authentication settings, LDAP register) to Local User:
1.)CN=TestgroupFTP,CN=TestgroupFTP,OU=Test,OU=xxx,DC=company,DC=de:LDAPUser1
2.)TestgroupFTP:LDAPUser1
3.)CN=TestgroupFTP,CN=TestgroupFTP,OU=Test,OU=xxx,DC=testdomain,DC=local:LDAPUser1
4.)CN=TestgroupFTP,CN=TestgroupFTP,OU=Test,OU=xxx,DC=testdomain:LDAPUser1
5.)CN=TestgroupFTP,OU=Test,OU=xxx,DC=company,DC=de:LDAPUser1

Note: For the 2nd "CN=" i used the value of the attribute(distinguishedName) from attributeeditor of the AD group "TestgroupFTP".

I have also tested to share an uploaded file via weblink but the generated link is using the private server ip instead of public server ip. What settings could i change to have the public ip on the generated weblink, whem im on my private network?

Please help me! Thanks!
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Group Mapping and weblink

Post by FTP »

If you just want to allow one LDAP group access, the just set the LDAP user filter, like this:
(&(objectCategory=user)(sAMAccountName=%s)(memberOf=CN=TestgroupFTP,OU=Test,OU=xxx,DC=company,DC=de))

And weblink URL just uses the domain name or server IP address which entered in the web browser.
NeedHelp

Post by NeedHelp »

That's not working.
Error Message says that username or password is wrong, but it's not wrong for sure.

Did this:
Ldap host information:
User Filter: (&(objectCategory=user)(sAMAccountName=%s)(memberOf=CN=TestgroupFTP,OU=Test,OU=xxx,DC=company,DC=de))
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

If you can make sure the user filter is correct, then please check whether you use the LDAP port 3268 or 3269 (for LDAPS).
NeedHelp

Post by NeedHelp »

The user filter is correct and i'm using port 3268
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Please contact us via email, we will help you solve this issue.