SSL Cert install

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
baileyphil

SSL Cert install

Post by baileyphil »

Afternoon

Was hoping somebody could help me, i have purchased a SSL cert for external HTTP access of Wing FTP, im trying to install a Go Daddy cert on the server, but whenever i try to add the SSL Cert i get an error of Invalid SSL certificate file.

Could somebody point me to so help, or detailed instructions of how to get this setup and working?

Thanks
FTP
Site Admin

Re: SSL Cert install

Post by FTP »

Please make sure it is a standard PEM format cert first, and then you can have a look on this KB article:
http://www.wftpserver.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54" rel="nofollow
baileyphil

Post by baileyphil »

Thanks for your reply, sorry i dont know what you mean by a standard PEM format cert, i have copied the CRT file and i now have my cert from Go Daddy, im just trying to install it into Wing FTP for use?

Everytime i go in and install it i get an error telling me its an invalid SSL file, i have followed the info on the link you sent but it doesnt seem to give much detail into how i actually import the cert into Wing FTP

Thanks
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

You can generate the ".key" file and ".csr" file via Wing FTP Server ("Server -> Settings -> SSL Certificate Manager"), then send the ".csr" file to godaddy to request the signed certificate, download the cert from godaddy like this:

Then you will get a zip file, it may include two crt files:

Combine those two crt files into one crt file is like this:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
your site certificate signed by Godaddy
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
intermediate certificates
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
baileyphil

Post by baileyphil »

Morning

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated, sorry im a little confused, i have done all the Go Daddy part, and now have from them a .crt and .p7b file, the step im struggling with now is getting them into Wing FTP and making the software use that cert for external HTTPS.

if i try to import via SSL Certificate Manager i just get an error stating invalid SSL file.

Apologies if im misunderstanding, thanks again for any help provided.

Phil
baileyphil

Post by baileyphil »

Ive managed to sort this now, thanks for all your help :D
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

That's great, how did you do it? combined the correct signed cert and intermediate certs?