Low Download Speed

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
langj

Low Download Speed

Post by langj »

Hi@all,

we use the WingFTP Server Trial Version. It is a great Software especially the web Client.
But i have download Speed Problems. We have a 200 Mbit Upload Line. The Download Speed via Webclient, FTP, etc are constant 4,88MB/s. Our line is working fine.
Any ideas where the issue could be? Wing FTP Server Configuration or Firewall?
Thanks
Johannes
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Low Download Speed

Post by FTP »

Did you figure it out now? You can check whether you have the speed limitation under WingFTP side, or firewall side.
langj

Post by langj »

I need to restart this topic.
The download problem is still not solved. We already tried everything and now we don't know any more.
To exclude the server and firewall, we have installed a physical server with Windows Server 2016 and this is directly connected to our fiber port. Wing FTP test version installed and all values are on default. No firewall, no virus scanner is installed. The server is completely open to external.

We have a 500/500 synchronous fiber optic line.
The download speed of a web client or even directly in the interface is varies between 50Mbit and maximum 100Mbit.

Our line works and all other services can download with 500Mbit from us.

Could it be due to the software that it can't download more speed?
I am grateful for any help, because the software is very good, only the speed is not good.
Many thanks
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

In the email communication, you mentioned you can have full download speed when using 20 connections via Jdownloader, also can have full download speed in the local network, so I can promise such issue is not caused by Wing FTP Server itself, maybe you can check the limitations by your hardware firewall or VPN.

BTW, please have a look on this article, maybe it will be helpful for you:
https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/9193896?hl=en