LDAP auth. fails to cross domain

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
sc2016

LDAP auth. fails to cross domain

Post by sc2016 »

We have 2 domains, A and B, in corporate network with 2-way trust each other. I have configured LDAP authentication on FTP server located on domain A. The user LDAP mapping to AD users on domain A work fine. But the mapping to AD users on domain B doesn't work. It means a user on domain B is unable to log in to the FTP server. I have tried to log in using 2 login methods, such as myname and myname@domain_B, respectively. They both failed.

The following is the configuration for the LDAP auth. based on domain A host.

Host: test.domain_A
Port: 3268 (tried 389, didn't work)
Base DN: DC=domain_A,DC=com
User filter: (&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%s))
Version: 3

Bind DN: CN=test,OU=users,Dc=domain_A,dc=com
Bind password: *******
(if no bind DN is configured, users on domain A will no longer be able to log in to the FTP either, but the validation of LDAP server connectivity is still successful)

here is an example of logs.

[06] Wed, 28 Dec 2016 09:28:44 (0000000) User 'myusername' login failed! (IP:xx.xx.xx.xx)
[06] Wed, 28 Dec 2016 09:29:24 (0000000) User 'myusername@domain_B' login failed! (IP:xx.xx.xx.xx)

In addition, if I adopt Windows authentication instead of LDAP auth, everything works fine and there is no any issue for all users on both domain A and B to log in to the FTP. But Windows authentication doesn't support group mapping which is what we want.

Can you please help me out how I can solve this issue with LDAP auth. of cross domain?

Best regards,

sc
sc2016

Re: LDAP auth. fails to cross domain

Post by sc2016 »

Does anyone have experience with ldap auth working cross domain help me out? Could you help me out if you have any clues? By the way, my Wing FTP server is version 4.7.8.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: LDAP auth. fails to cross domain

Post by FTP »

I think we already replied your email for the same question.