just sharing a deployment type

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
businessclient

just sharing a deployment type

Post by businessclient »

This may be the wrong place to post this but in case someone is looking around and wondered about picking a certain type of deployment I just wanted to share our success on our live fully licensed Wing FTP Server.

I have Wing FTP Server running using Centos 6 64bit edition and hosted in VMware's ESXi 5.5. It is behind a firewall using port forwarding but otherwise exposed to the Internet and using an SSL certificate from GoDaddy.

The Centos server spun up real fast. I do have a dedicated nic in the ESXi server for Wing FTP. I wanted it 100% separated from the other servers in the ESXi server.

Win FTP Server installed flawless and only took a few minutes of effort. I installed it to the default Centos drive the install iso offers then after the first boot I added a 2nd virtual drive of larger size and mounted it in Centos so Centos and Wing FTP operates on it's own drive, where there is a dedicated data drive holding the user data separate from the OS.

The port forwards took another few minutes and I hate to admit but I burned probably an hour submitting and installing the GoDaddy SSL certificate. However, I'm just not good at install SSL certificates. I used the "other" choice of SSL files delivered from GoDaddy, not the apache set, that gave me the happy green go light in Wing FTP. (thank-you Wing dev people the SSL indicator is very useful) :-)

In any event the FTP server is live, getting daily use, and took very little effort to assemble. Good job Wing FTP dev people! Keep up the good work.

Thanks again.