Rackspace tokens

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
james.andreasen

Rackspace tokens

Post by james.andreasen »

Support,

We received the following from Rackspace where we host our Wing FTP server. Our FTP server is used for interchange with our business partners and is a critical part of our operations which means there must be no disruption of service.

(I first searched Online Help, Knowledge Base, and the Support Forum for anything referring to "Rackspace" or "require rackspace/php-opencloud".

RACKER

Aug 18, 2015 - 1:59 PM CDT

Notification of Change – API Service Users

Rackspace remains focused on the security and stability of our products. As such, we will be implementing a new token format for Cloud Identity consumers. This new token format will provide customers a better performing Identity API while increasing overall stability.

Action Required

Rackspace customers should not see any impact to their services or use of the services. Rackspace requests that all Cloud customers utilizing Identity API services validate that any custom code, SDKs, etc. are able to accept a value for a token size of up to 250-characters. (Check here for all standard supported SDKs: https://developer.rackspace.com/sdks/" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow. If you are using any of these standard

supported SDKs then you will not have any issues with the change to the new token format.

If you have questions or experience any issues, please contact Rackspace Support:

The Rackspace Cloud

US Toll Free: 1.800.926.4141
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Rackspace tokens

Post by FTP »

So what's your question? Like other software, you just need a server machine or VPS to install Wing FTP Server, and there is no special 3rd party software needed for Wing FTP Server.
james.andreasen

Post by james.andreasen »

According to their email, or at least what i understand it to say, is that the languages specified in their web page (java, php and some others) will require the Rackspace token library to be included in the code if their code is utilizing "Identity API services" or the app will no longer function.

That particular method of security is not something I have every run across when using php or java on a linux box. Could you verify that their change is not going to affect our Wing FTP server.

Here is exactly what Rackspace said. (I just want to make sure there is no impact to our Wing software)

Rackspace requests that all Cloud customers utilizing Identity API services validate that any custom code, SDKs, etc. are able to accept a value for a token size of up to 250-characters. (Check here for all standard supported SDKs: https://developer.rackspace.com/sdks/" rel="nofollow. If you are using any of these standard
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

OK, Wing FTP Server is just a normal application, and it does not use their API services, so I think you can use it without any problem.