Anonymous Account breaks existing FTP Links- HELP!!

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
eruiz

Anonymous Account breaks existing FTP Links- HELP!!

Post by eruiz »

This is what I'm trying to accomplish. I have 3 folders that need a username and password prompt when accessing via FTP. I need the 1 folder that can be accessed by anyone (public). I have several people uploading docs and creating ftp links that are then posted to a website. It's also important that the file structure on the FTP server stays consistent so a single link works for every type of login. I contacted support, and they had me add an anonymous to the public directory. That fixes the public folder problem, however it then breaks all my other links that aren't for public.

Here’s my scenario. I have 4 base folders. Board, Campus, and Employees all prompt for a username and password when accessing a document via FTP. For example the link below will prompt for a username and password.

ftp://ftp.uws.edu/Campus/Policies_Emplo ... ynapse.pdf" rel="nofollow

Again, the MAJOR issue is when I create the Anonymous account and give it the directory of Public. It breaks all the links I have for Board, Campus, and Employees (the above link stops working). Note, the users I created for Board, Employees, and Campus folders are named Board, Staff, and Student. Each user is pointed to a their appointed directories and the Public directory. We have a 4th type of user “admin” which has access to all 4 folders. When the new Anonymous user is created and linked to the Public directory. The Anonymous user works as intended (granting permissions to the Public folders without a credential prompt). But the catch is it breaks the I’m pretty stuck. I'm in Portland Oregon, and the Wing FTP support guys don't start responding to my emails until 12am PST (sometime not at all). I need this thing working and it's making a lot of people upset. Thanks in advance for your help!