symbolic links are listed as 0 byte files

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
slivver

symbolic links are listed as 0 byte files

Post by slivver »

Hello,

a few weeks ago I updated my WFTP server from v4.2.0 to v4.4.3. Since then I noticed that symbolic links are shown as 0 byte files. With modern browsers and FTP clients it is possible to access such folders that are linked. An old Internet Explorer tries to download the 0 byte file...
In general it looks very confusing to have a file displayed which is actually a linked folder.

Symbolic links should be transparent as it was in v4.2.0. Is there any way I can change this behaviour in the new version of WFTP?

BTW: I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 as OS.

Thanks in advance
FTP
Site Admin

Re: symbolic links are listed as 0 byte files

Post by FTP »

Yes, it is normal, the symbolic link of a folder will be 0-byte size of course.
slivver

Post by slivver »

Thanks for the answer. But as I wrote, symbolic links were not visible in an old version 4.2.0. They were displayed as a folder and not as a link. Is there some way to get this behaviour in the latest version?
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

Yes, because the older version can't handle the symbolic links correctly, now the recent versions can handle them correctly, you can use the pure ftp client like Filezilla or ftp command under Linux, there is no problem with the symbolic links, you can list the symbolic link folder or download the symbolic link file, if you use some web browser to access the server, I can't promise you will be successful, because web browser is not pure ftp client software.