How to enable a renew SSL certificate in Wing FTP Server

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
leochong

How to enable a renew SSL certificate in Wing FTP Server

Post by leochong »

Hello,

Due to SHA-1 is not secured any more, thawte suggested to renew the certificate with SHA256. So I used the 2011 csr information and submitted to thawte in order to re-certify Wing FTP Server certificate. Today, I received the certificate back from thawte, downloaded and installed the ssl_certificate.pkb file into the Wing FTP Server. During the test connection, the certificate information remained unchange. Any one know why and how to fix it?

Leo Chong
BruceG

Re: How to enable a renew SSL certificate in Wing FTP Server

Post by BruceG »

Had to renew our SSL this week with Godaddy, they suggested SHA2 also. Updated Wing ftp to 4.3.8 which I think generates SHA2 CSR file. Downloaded new CRT, apply it, but we still see old/expiring cert. If we remove old cert. and browse, you do not connect to site - message site no found. Did a rekey for CRT back in April for Heart Bleed issue - no problems. Did several different rekey yesterday with no success, first rekey was with the older Wind FTP which create SHA1 CSR (like with Heart Bleed rekey). No changes in my environment, I'm just renewing the CRT.
Any thoughts out there?
Bruce
FTP
Site Admin

Re: How to enable a renew SSL certificate in Wing FTP Server

Post by FTP »

Already answered you in the emails.