Accepting FTP RAW Command - Mode s

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
Finn_R

Accepting FTP RAW Command - Mode s

Post by Finn_R »

Hello,

we are using wingftp to give our customers the opportunity to upload their data to our server. One of our customer is using an ODEX-Machine to upload their data. The Problem with this machine is, that it is using the FTP Raw Command "Mode s". Since the Server is automatically using the Stream mode, this command is declared as "invalid".

We have asked our customer if he could prevent the machine from using this command but he says that wouldn't be possible.

My Question is, if it would be possible to configure the WING FTP Server to accept this command.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Greetings

Finn_R
FTP
Site Admin

Re: Accepting FTP RAW Command - Mode s

Post by FTP »

There is no need to send "Mode S", because Wing FTP Server uses "Mode S" by default.
Finn_R

Post by Finn_R »

FTP wrote:There is no need to send "Mode S", because Wing FTP Server uses "Mode S" by default.

You haven't answered my Question...
I know it's enabled by default. But we have to get a clear answer to the following question:

Is it possible to configure the WING FTP Server, so it'll not throw out an error when entering this command?

We cannot configure the machine, which would like to upload their files to our server. It's fully automated and the process of the upload is not editable.

Greetings

Finn_R
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

OK, if you want to accept this FTP command, you can enable this option "Domain > Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > Enable MODE Z compression".
Finn_R

Post by Finn_R »

Thank you very much!
Our customer is now able to upload the files. :)

This topic can be closed.