error uploading a file

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
miikelm

error uploading a file

Post by miikelm »

i have a client who is trying to upload a 15mb file to us via ftp. they are using filezilla client.
the file size keeps changing when they upload it. it might get either bigger or smaller.
the file is corrupt when trying to open it.

the same happens when downloading, the file size changes.

please could you look into these errors.

regards
FTP
Site Admin

Re: error uploading a file

Post by FTP »

Hi,
Which version of WIng FTP Server you are using?
And which version of Filezilla your customer is using?
And please attach the complete log of uploading.
anteye

Post by anteye »

I am having this same issue. Multiple users are uploading large files over the internet and some of the files (not all) are found later to be corrupted. The sizes of the uploaded files that are corrupted sometime differ from that of the source, but not always. We are using Wing FTP server 3.6.0 and Filezilla client 3.3.5 or later. The remote users are connecting to the internet over DSL, cable and dedicated. The server is housed in a colocation facility with dedicated 20mb bandwidth and is behind a Watchguard firewall. I was just made aware of this issue, so don't have any logs to show you at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
FTP
Site Admin

Post by FTP »

anteye wrote:I am having this same issue. Multiple users are uploading large files over the internet and some of the files (not all) are found later to be corrupted. The sizes of the uploaded files that are corrupted sometime differ from that of the source, but not always. We are using Wing FTP server 3.6.0 and Filezilla client 3.3.5 or later. The remote users are connecting to the internet over DSL, cable and dedicated. The server is housed in a colocation facility with dedicated 20mb bandwidth and is behind a Watchguard firewall. I was just made aware of this issue, so don't have any logs to show you at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
First, you can upgrade to the latest version 3.7.2. Then please send your server logs or client logs to us, it may help us analyze your problem.