LDAP User mapping mix up

Please post here if you have problems in using Wing FTP Server.
rabidsloth

LDAP User mapping mix up

Post by rabidsloth »

We're using the Corporate edition of WingFTP and we noticed some very weird behavior today...

So we have WingFTP configured to use LDAP for our domain, we have all of our users configured as username_local, and we have them mapped in the LDAP mapping as username:username_local. Everything has been working fine since we set this up, but today we found some conflicts with users.

We have a user called miller and a user called cmiller. Each is setup in the in the mapping as: miller:miller_local, cmiller:cmiller_local. Today we found that the user miller was getting the same privileges as the user cmiller. I found that if I place the user mapping for miller:miller_local above the mapping for cmiller:cmiller_local, the miller user gets the correct privileges, but if it is below the cmiller:cmiller_local entry, it seems to be inheriting permissions for cmiller...

This one kind of baffles me and I have no idea what could be causing this. Is this something anyone has seen before? Any information on this would be helpful.

Thanks.
FTP
Site Admin

Re: LDAP User mapping mix up

Post by FTP »

Yes, it seems your found a bug, we will fix it in the next version.