ABOR LAG

Here you can submit your bug reports for FTP Rush.
mikey84

ABOR LAG

Post by mikey84 »

Hi, i was very glad to see new forums are operational and ppl ressurected the project.

To get to the point, in FXP mode when lets say transfer started of a "file" from SRC to DEST.
Durning the transfer file gets deleted on SRC. Rush issues command ABOR (rush or maybe server).
This resolves in rush lagging on that for quite some time and doing nothing, not continuing the transfer nothing.
Also making "0byte" file on the destination.

Is there any way to resolve that issue? And if such error happens, make rush delete "0byte" file on the destination?

I hope i described the problem clear to understand.

Looking forward to replies.
LeXxX

Re: ABOR LAG

Post by LeXxX »

mikey84 wrote:Hi, i was very glad to see new forums are operational and ppl ressurected the project.

To get to the point, in FXP mode when lets say transfer started of a "file" from SRC to DEST.
Durning the transfer file gets deleted on SRC. Rush issues command ABOR (rush or maybe server).
This resolves in rush lagging on that for quite some time and doing nothing, not continuing the transfer nothing.
Also making "0byte" file on the destination.

Is there any way to resolve that issue? And if such error happens, make rush delete "0byte" file on the destination?

I hope i described the problem clear to understand.

Looking forward to replies.
Havent been able to recreate the problem... But depending on what ftp-prog in use, on some there are zip-scripts and such that can disable 0-byte files.
Also in FTPRush, Option -> Misc. -> Check "Remove 0 byte file..."
try is this works
mikey84

Post by mikey84 »

Its enabled, no solution for the problem thou.
LeXxX

Post by LeXxX »

mikey84 wrote:Its enabled, no solution for the problem thou.
Whats the ftp-prog in use?
mikey84

Post by mikey84 »

glftpd, and yes, id imagine zipscript would delete those, yet it doesnt.

Lets skip zipscript for now tho, as rushs "remove 0byte file" function should take care of that, yet it doesnt.
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Yes mickey84, let's forget about 0byte files which is just not the big part of that problem.

I don't have a current log of that bug but it happens often when a file or dir being transfered gets deleted on SRC site which may result in some cases including messages "Timeout, connection closed" in loop mode until it's manually cancelled/disconnected.
mikey84

Post by mikey84 »

JohnK wrote:Yes mickey84, let's forget about 0byte files which is just not the big part of that problem.

I don't have a current log of that bug but it happens often when a file or dir being transfered gets deleted on SRC site which may result in some cases including messages "Timeout, connection closed" in loop mode until it's manually cancelled/disconnected.
Exactly
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Here's a mini log (i was in front of the screen when it happened, that's why it's short sorry)

(19:15:26) [1] RETR xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.abc
(19:15:26) [1] 550 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.abc: No such file or directory.
(19:15:26) [2] ABOR
(19:16:26) [2] Timeout, Connection closed
(19:17:26) [2] Timeout, Connection closed
(19:18:26) [2] Timeout, Connection closed

... and so on in loop mode with duration of the timeout ftp reply setting in preferences.

The 0byte files are only the result of that bug, normally rush just deletes automatically a failed transfer.
Thormy

Post by Thormy »

Confirmed, this is happening to me very often, too. And without manually canceling the transfer and disconnecting from the server, the lag won't go away :/ Fixing this would be a BIG improvement to FTPRush.
DunderKlumpN

Post by DunderKlumpN »

I Agree, ive got the same problem.